July 02, 2020
We will be flushing hydrants in the following areas between July 6th and July 31st:
- Wilkshire Hills
- Lawrence Township Industrial Park
- Hunters Green Subdivision
Village of Zoar
Hydrant Flushing is an essential part of our water system maintenance program. To cleanse the system, we systematically open our fire hydrants to increase water flows. This allows us to flush minerals and deposits from the pipes. During flushing you may notice a temporary drop in water pressure or discolored water. Since the Wilkshire Hills area is a “single-pressure zone”, it is possible that discolored water may occur in any area of the system while flushing is occurring. Signs will be posted in the areas being actively flushed.
- Avoid running your water and washing machine or dishwasher while crews are flushing in your area.
- Check for discolored water before using washing machine or dishwasher. Wait until the water runs clear at the tap before doing laundry or running the dishwasher. If your laundry does become stained, DO NOT PUT YOUR LAUNDRY IN THE DRYER. Rewash clothes immediately using detergent and add a rust remover.
- In some cases, slight discoloration may linger for a few hours.
- If water pressure or water volume seems low after flushing has been completed, check your faucet screens for trapped particles.